Sabrina's Chicken Liver Pate
1/2 kilo chicken liver (soaked overnight in ref with milk)
1 teaspoon cinammon
1/4 cup olive oil
6 caps of rhum
1/4 cup garlic
3 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup cream
1/2 stick of butter
salt pepper to taste
a palm full of chopped leeks or parsley (optional)
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE THIS DISH:
1. In a pan, saute in olive oil garlic, chicken livers and cinnamon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Once liver is pink inside (this should only take about 15 minutes) turn off heat.
3. Transfer all in blender. Add cream, rhum, sugar and blend till all ingredients turn into a fine paste. Add olive oil if too thick. Blend in crushed biscuits if too soupy. Remove from blender and pour onto a nice serving dish. make wave-like patterns with a spoon keeping slightly lower the center than the sides.
4. In pan, melt a fourth cup of butter. Pour over pate.
5. Sprinkle garnish. Then chill! Best served with biscuits or crackers on the side.
From my Kitchen to yours with love, Sabrina