Sabrina's Caesar Salad
1 head lettuce, medium sized
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp mustard
5 strips anchovies
1/4 cup leftover croutons
1/4 cup bacon bits
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shaved
Salt and Pepper to taste
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE THIS DISH!
1. Wash your lettuce and shake off excess water. Tear your lettuce leaves apart into bite size pieces. Set aside.
2. In a large salad bowl, preferably wooden or clay, whisk together the following ingredients: garlic, egg, olive oil, mustard.
3. To that, add your anchovies and mash with the back of a fork. Add your freshly squeezed lemon juice and whisk well to thicken sauce.
4. To that emulsion, add your lettuce leaves and parmesan cheese. Toss well to coat leaves with dressing. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
5. Top with croutons, bacon bits and remaining parmesan. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
From my Kitchen to yours with love, Sabrina