Fish & Chicken Hiananese
1 whole chicken, pre-boiled (save stock for cooking rice)
10 pcs. fish fillet, cubed
2 cups fragrant rice
5 stalks celery
2 leaves lemon grass, tied to form a bouquet garni
1/2 ginger, grated
1 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup soy suace
a palm full of garlic
a palm full of leeks
1 tbsp. soy sauce
3 tsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup Tabasco
2 pcs. siling labuyo, chopped
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE THIS DISH:
1. In a large pot place whole chicken, soy sauce, half a cup sesame oil, lemon grass, garlic, celery, ginger. Add about 8 to 10 cups water. Boil for 30 minutes.
2. Once cooked, remove chicken and set aside.
3. In the same cooking liquid, poach fish fillets for 5 minutes. Set aside.
4. To the rest of the broth place about 2 cups fragrant rice. Add water if necessary. Cook on low fire for about 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Make different condiments by combining the following ingredients:
a. SWEET SESAME and SOY SAUCE- soy sauce, sesame oil, a teaspoon of leaks and brown sugar. Then whisk to combine.
b. GINGER WATER- a teaspoon of grated ginger, siling labuyo and 5 tablespoons water. Add salt or fish sauce to taste.
c. CHILI SAUCE- 6 dashes of tabasco and 3 tsps of sesame oil. Whisk.
From my Kitchen to yours with love, Sabrina