1 whole New York Duck
1 whole orange
2 cups red wine
1 cup raisns
1 cup cashew
1 teaspoon cinammon
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1/2 cup garlic (chopped)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup celery (chopped) *keep celery leaves use for garnish on duck later)
* tip squeeze a palm full of pineapple over the duck just before cooking for guaranteed soft meat)
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE THIS DISH:
1. Clean and wash whole duck. Then in a thick pot (preferably dutch oven or clay pot) saute olive oil, carrots sliced lengthwise,garlic,onions,and celery.
2. Place duck in pot.. Squeeze fresh pineapple over it. Then add all the super spices, honey, orange juice, soy sauce, wine, raisins, cashew, tomato sauce, lemon juice.
3. Chop orange in wedges and place on top of duck. Mmmmmmmmmmm, smell the dish one more time before covering. Forget about it for 35 minutes in medium to low heat depending on how thick your pot is.
4. At 35 minute point, open and make cuts along side leg and joints. If still pink cover and let cook another 10 minutes.
5. Serve on top of steamed rice.
From my Kitchen to yours with love, Sabrina