Cumin and Curry Laing with Sardines, Gata and Manga Berde
5 cups dried gabi leaves
2 cups Gata
1/4th cup garlic
1/4th cup red onions
1/4th cup sliced ginger
1/2 cup bagoong or alamang
3/4 cup vinegar
2 cans (or 2 cups sardines)
One teaspoon curry
One teaspoon cumin
5 dashes cayenne
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE THIS DISH:
1. Soak gabi in water set aside.
2. In pan with some oil, saute garlic, onions, ginger and tomatoes.
3. Add alamang then add gata and spices salt, pepper to taste, then add mashed sardines
4. Squeeze water out of Laing and then add to pan with all ingredients
5. Let simmer until Laing has absorbed the gata and softened for about 35 to 40 minutes
6. Once sauce has thickened and Laing soft, turn off heat.
7. Pour in dish and garnish with mangga berde topping and sliced juicy red tomatoes
From my Kitchen to yours with love, Sabrina