McCormick Black Shrimp Tempura
This recipe is thanks to Chef Nomer of Punta Fuego Resorts!
1/2 kilo medium sized shrimp
1/2 teaspoon McCormick cumin
Squid ink mashed in one cup water till black (you will need the ink from at least 30 medium
One teaspoon cornstarch
Flour for dipping
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE THIS DISH:
In bowl mix mashed squid ink, one whole egg, one teaspoon cornstarch, cumin and salt and pepper well until all ingredients are incorporated.
You should have one cup of thick batter.
Add 2 ice cubes.
1. Get peeled shrimp, then holding tail dunk in flour then batter. Making sure you keep tail free of ink.
2. Then into pan with hot oil.
3. Remove in 1 to 2 minutes. Make sure oil is very hot!
4. Place on a dish with paper to absorb oils. Then transfer onto a pretty white dish!
5. Garnish with lemon or dalandan or calamansi and serve with aioli siding.
Chefs Nomer's aioli is quite difficult as he uses no egg, milk, crushed garlic, and olive oil. Beat for a long time till thick and this takes patience!
Here is my easy delish simple Aioli:
In a bowl mix 2 cloves crushed garlic, half cup mayonnaise and half a cup yogurt add a squeeze of lemon and beat together!
Dip and Enjoy!
From my Kitchen to yours with love, Sabrina